MAKE YOUR OWN TREAT BAG TOPPER WITH HOLE PUNCHES
Circle punches for optional tags
Treat bags, maximum of 4.5-inches wide
Embroidery floss and needle
Cardstock in one color for the topper and one or more colors for the tags—I sourced mine from Paper Source
1. Download the Hole Treat Bag PDF.
2. Print out the sheets at 100% scale on colored cardstock of your choosing.
3. Cut out the rectangle topper, and if you'd like to make a tag, the two circles. The large circle can be punched out with a 2.5-inch circle punch and the small with a 1.5-inch circle punch.
The punched out shapes will resemble the above photograph.
4. At this point, decide if you'd like to attach the topper to the treat bag with double-sided tape, or if you would like to sew the topper to the bag.
If you are choosing the double-sided tape option, sew three rows of three stitches in the uppermost holes on just one side of the topper. Add double-sided tape to the back of the topper. Fold the topper over the top of your filled treat bag, pressing the adhesive into the bag.
Otherwise sandwich the top of a filled treat bag inside the folded topper. Then sew three rows of three stitches in the uppermost holes.
5. To add a tag, place the smaller punched out circle in the middle of the larger circle, aligning the holes. Stitch from inner hole to outer hole, working around the circle. Knott off the thread behind the last outer hole. Then cut the thread leaving a tail.
6. Tie the tail of the tag to a hole on the topper.