In this period of supply chain issues and juggling too many things, it is difficult to plan ahead. Still it is important to keep celebrating - here is a way to quickly embellish generic store-bought cupcakes and give them a theme. No forward planning necessary! The cherries are made with two circle punches, versatile tools that should be in your craft closet. Assembly takes minutes.
MAKE YOUR OWN PAPER CHERRIES
Cardstock in green and red or pink - I sourced mine from Paper Source
To begin, prepare all the shapes:
1. One or two cherries cut with a 1-inch circle punch (double the count for a clean back), 2. Leaves cut by double- or triple-punching shapes out of a 2-inch circle, 3. One or two 2.25-inch long stems.
1. Glue a stem to a cherry with craft glue. For a clean back, sandwich the stem between two cherries.
2. If making a double cherry, adhere the ends of the stems at an angle. Add interest by making one side shorter than the other.
3. Glue leaves to the ends of the stem. Use smaller leaves for single cherries.
4. Secure the assembled cherry to a treat stick.
Pink cake plate is vintage. Aqua cake plate can be found here.