Dark days of winter getting you down? Bring in the daylight with a printable DIY sun wall hanging. Easy to make, I hung mine on a bulletin board next to my desk as a reminder that spring is around the corner.
MAKE YOUR OWN PRINTABLE SUN
1. Download the Sun Wall Hanging PDF.
2. Print the two sheets onto heavy-weight paper. If using an inkjet, we recommend matte photo paper.
3. Cut out the two shapes. Cut the orange slits on the Backing with a craft knife.
4. Score all dashed lines on Sun Face. If scoring is unfamiliar, read through our scoring tutorials here.
ASSEMBLING THE SUN FACE
1. Beginning with Sun Face, add adhesive to the backside of all straight edges (Sides A-J) and Tabs K, L, M, N, O, and P.
2. Bend the top flap upward and attach Tab A to the backside of Side A. Continue with Tabs B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J.
3. With the Sun Face assembled into a bowl shape, bend Tabs K, L, M, N, O, and P down.
ATTACHING SUN FACE TO BACKING
1. Slide Tab K through Slit K. Repeat with Tabs L, M, N, O, and P.
2. Turn the assembled sun over and press the tabs into the backside of the Backing.
3. Hang with wall mounting tape.